Company: Ecology Action
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Electric Vehicle Charging Customer Advisor
CONTEXT OF POSITION
Ecology Action (EA) is rapidly expanding its scale and role to
accelerate California's response to the climate crisis. Since
transportation emissions make up over half of all emissions, our
team is scaling its work in transportation electrification. Our
Multifamily Electric Vehicle (EV) Accelerator Initiative will
install level 1 and level 2 EV charging stations in low- and
moderate-income apartment communities while helping apartment
residents learn about incentives for purchasing plug-in electric
vehicles (PEVs) and the associated benefits of PEV ownership. With
funding from the California Energy Commission and matching funds
from Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) agencies, the initiative
will install 375 new EV charging ports at an estimated 76 sites,
serving roughly 3,800 residential dwellings. The project aims to
increase electric vehicle adoption and scalability in the
affordable multifamily sector, helping to achieve the goals of
CEC's Clean Transportation Program and the governor's Executive
To accomplish these objectives, the EV Charging Customer Advisor
supports multi-family property operators throughout the EV charging
installation and commissioning process. This critical role conducts
initial site surveys, schedules technical site assessments,
presents design and equipment selection options to customers,
prepares project agreements, coordinates installations with program
contractors, and schedules resident education and outreach to raise
awareness about EVs and charging equipment installed. The Electric
Vehicle Charging Customer Advisor role supports a growing team of
staff and electrical contractors to market, identify, design, and
install low-power and level 2 load managed electric vehicle
charging opportunities at multi-family residential housing
properties from the Monterey and Fresno Counties in the south to
the Bay Area and Sacramento Valley in the north.
- Coordinate with contractors to secure project construction
estimates and costs, process contractor invoices and assist with
- Track project milestones and tasks in customer management
- Maintain accurate and organized records of required
- Inform direct installation program workflows and processes in
collaboration with project operations team.
- Participate in team and staff meetings.
- Collaborate and coordinate with project partners.
- Conduct meetings with apartment community and facility managers
of housing organizations to identify priority project sites for EV
- Coordinate with apartment community managers, internal staff
and regional subcontractors to conduct apartment resident outreach
where EV charging stations are installed.
- Conduct initial site walks with property operators to identify
optimal parking spaces for EV charging stations near common
- Communicate with multi-family property operators to identify
and document electrical loads, site constraints, parking logistics
and preferences for shared or assigned EV charging.
- Schedule and participate in technical site assessments with
community and facility managers and staff.
- Present EVSE software payment settlement options that meet
multi-family property operators' operational needs.
- Prepare site-specific scope of work and project design.
- Coordinate preparation of construction estimates with direct
installation contractors. Evaluate projects for
- Present scope of work and construction estimates to multifamily
property operators. Secure approval on project agreements.
- Prepare contractor agreements and issue notices to proceed to
contract for EV charging station installations.
- Support multi-family property operators with construction
project management and equipment commissioning.
- Coordinate with contractors regarding equipment
troubleshooting, maintenance and operations requests.
- Generate recommended strategies for increasing program impact
and team functionality. Respond to challenges in program
- Work with EA's Business Analytics team to refine enterprise
applications for project and contractor management and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years' project management experience delivering EVSE
installation programs, energy efficiency solutions, or other
construction and electrical trade related retrofits, preferably in
multi-family communities, and/or public and commercial
- Experience managing multiple contractors and construction
projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience with project management fundamentals (work planning,
scheduling, resourcing, budget management).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Business
Administration, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering,
Environmental Studies, Community Studies or other degree related to
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to provide excellent and responsive customer
- Ability to manage multiple project construction budgets with
- Ability to develop and execute detailed implementation and
management plans incorporating objectives and details from multiple
- Ability to work effectively across departments.
- Excellent time management skills, including an enhanced ability
- Excellent and professional communication (both written and
- Strong and professional interpersonal, relationship building,
and facilitation skills. An orientation to collaboration and
- Proficiency with variety of tech platforms, such as Asana, MS
Teams, Zoom, MS Outlook, MS Office Suite.
- Valid California Class C Driver's license, a reliable personal
vehicle available for work purposes (mileage reimbursement
provided), and current automobile insurance.
- Interest in transportation justice, including helping community
members to access safe, healthy, reliable, and affordable
transportation supporting access to jobs, education, culture, and
- Deep commitment and passion to work for a future where all
people can thrive on a thriving planet.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or degree in
Construction Management from an accredited institution of higher
- General contractors license or C-10 electrical contractors
license in the state of California.
- DIR certified electrician or completed an apprenticeship
program in the state of California.
- Ability to read electrical plans and single-line drawings.
- Familiarity with drawing software programs.
- Experience in the EV market transformation space, including
accessing rebates for, and/or owning electric vehicles.
- Experience working with affordable housing organizations in
- Familiarity or experience with public agencies and nonprofits
working on sustainable transportation and transportation
electrification policy and programs in California.
- Familiarity with CA electrical code, Cal-Green code, and
permitting requirements for EV charging stations.
- Experience with customer resource management tool systems
- Work or volunteer experience in the fields of community climate
programming, community organizing, government/utility funded
environmental programs or related fields.
- Experience working in a "start-up" environment
- Lived experience as a person of color and/or living/working in
low-income and under-resourced communities and/or low-income
- Lived experience in diverse communities.
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Vietnamese.
- Training in Crucial Conversations, or related conflict
This position is a hybrid role, working from home and traveling to
project sites throughout central and northern California1. . The
candidate must live or be willing to relocate to the project area.
The position may also work out of the Santa Cruz, CA headquarters
based on business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear, and
use a computer keyboard and monitor. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ecology Action offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit
package that includes medical, dental, vision and flexible spending
benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life
insurance. Driving an insured personal vehicle on company business
is required, and mileage reimbursement is provided at the Federal
Professional development benefits of the position:
- Gain experience with hard-to-reach community engagement and
- Receive training on the electric vehicle marketplace, EV
charging infrastructure, and state and local rebates available for
EV ownership, and auto loan financing.
- Gain a deeper understanding of barriers and solutions to
California's transition to 100% ZEVs sales by 2030.
- Network and collaborate with professionals in the region
working on climate change and transportation justice.
- Receive support and guidance on career exploration and
Ecology Action does not offer a company-paid relocation
Keywords: Ecology Action, Santa Cruz , Customer Advisor, Professions , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!