Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.To be the "benchmark" by which all others
are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to
explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all
with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.Job
Description Summary:The Chief Engineer will assist guests with
maintenance or other requests, identify and correct problems,
organize workloads and supervise all employees in accordance with
Engineering and the property's policies and procedures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and
stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we
want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to
grow and learn at a world-class resort!Job Description: The AAA
Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular
mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style
resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz
Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive
meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired
by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and
world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf
courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of
unsurpassed service. QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE,
TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or technical training preferred.
- Two years experience in a similar position in the hospitality
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret HVAC, electrical, mechanical and
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Universal refrigerant license.
- Ability to read wire and schematic diagrams.
- Ability to properly use an electrical meter.ESSENTIAL
- Responds to guest's maintenance requests and questions and
resolves their need efficiently.
- Responsible for the hiring of new employees and recommends
promotions in Property Operations.
- Responsible for training, motivating and supporting subordinate
staff to insure quality service.
- Counsels, coaches, disciplines and documents performance of
- Recognizes and rewards superior performance.
- Directs and supervises the staff in Property Operations.
- Sets work schedules for staff according to skill and workload
- Organizes and participates in meetings and maintains records
and data pertaining to Property Operations.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of budget
analysis and capital plans.
- Develops and monitors engineering supplies, parts, inventories
and administers the purchase order system.
- Coordinates with outside contractors.
- Responsible for correct use of office equipment, EMS systems
and Life Safety Systems, (training will be provided). Posted 2 Days
Ago Full time R0032544 About Us BENCHMARK -, a global hospitality
company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing
and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers
and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company' iconic
Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a
distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in
highly preferred destinations. BENCHMARK'S distinguished and proven
reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and
aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance
expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and
distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The
company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed
to delivering the industry' most authentic, enchanted, soulful,
vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience. BENCHMARK'S
progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a
cornerstone to the company's nearly 40 years of extraordinary
achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized
with the Benchmark Conference Centers - mark of meeting excellence.
Keywords: BENCHMARK, Santa Cruz , Chief Engineer, Professions , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!