Boardwalk Bowl Food Service
Company: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Must be age 18 or older.
Under supervision, take food and bar drink orders, sell food,
deliver food orders, run a cash register, cook food and clean and
maintain equipment in the BB Eats Cafe restaurant. Answer requests
and telephone inquiries. Provide consistent, friendly and helpful
service to employees and guests.
Boardwalk Bowl Lead Food Service: Under general supervision,
lead, motivate and train a small staff and may act as the Manager
on Duty or back-up to Assistant Restaurant Manager as required.
Unique Job Requirements
Basic mathematical and clerical skills required, with the
ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a positive and
friendly manner. Will be required to work nights, weekends, and
holidays. Wear nonskid, leather type shoes. Must be at least 18
years of age to serve beer and wine. Must obtain a CA Food Handler
card within 30 days of hire, or show proof of existing CA Food
- Take food and bar drink orders and deliver food and bar
- Operate cash register, collect money and determine correct
- Follow cash handling policies as explained by supervisor.
- Prepare and cook food including the daily special.
- Follow food presentation procedures.
- Receive customer orders from staff and prepare all menu
- Prepare soups, sauces, vegetables and recipes and
- Know standard portion control and monitor compliance.
- Handle guest and employee complaints.
- Understand and follow all food safety procedures.
- Maintain safety and sanitation requirements.
- Use safe food-handling techniques and properly store food.
- Take orders from customers, relay order to cooks, receive
payment and deliver orders.
- When cooking, acknowledge order placed by cashier; prepare
food, informing cashier when the order is ready.
- Clean up dining room area, condiment area and work area during
- Perform in-depth cleaning duties at beginning or end of each
- Encourage sales when appropriate by consistently doing
suggestive selling with each transaction.
- Sell alcohol in conformance with the state law and company
- Answer guests questions and provide consistent, friendly and
helpful service to employees and guests.
- Learn Boardwalk Bowl facts and answer guest's questions, or
find the answers.
- Inform supervisors of significant concerns and problems.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Lead Food Service
- Performs duties of Food Service as noted above.
- Oversee Food Service staff.
- Assist in training and motivating staff.
- Assign breaks.
- Ensure that employees conform to company and department
- Ensure that supplies are ordered and stocked.
- Acts as MOD or back-up to Assistant Restaurant Manager when
Santa Cruz Seaside Company employees.
Extensive contact with guests.
Qualifications: Training and Experience
Food Service - Prior food service, cash handling, commercial
cooking and / or service oriented business experience
Lead Food Server - Above requirements plus at least six months
of experience as a Boardwalk Bowl Food Service staff person or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard portion control.
- Knowledge of food presentation procedures.
- Ability to provide consistent, friendly and helpful service to
employees and guests.
- Ability to serve food and drinks including alcohol drinks to
- Ability to perform all types of cooking, saut cooking, broiling
and grilling and operate a deep fryer and steamer.
- Ability to use a knife and be proficient in knife
- Ability to use safe food-handling techniques and properly store
- Ability to read and apply recipes.
- Ability to train and motivate staff.
- Ability to quickly perform cash and credit transactions, and
make complete and accurate calculations.
- Ability to respond appropriately to difficult customer service
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to sweep, mop, wash dishes and clean tables and prepare
restaurant for guests.
- Ability to handle high volume fast food production.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with constant
- Ability to quickly learn and apply procedures, and operate a
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and
- Ability to clean and maintain equipment.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain CA Food Handler card within 30 days of
Lead Food Service:
- Ability to lead a small group of staff by overseeing,
motivating and training staff.
- Able to stand for up to 7 and on-half hours, and work in a
confined space with limited access.
- Able to move at a fast pace.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. from floor to waist unassisted.
- Able to hear normal conversations on the phone and in
- Able to see, read, and interpret documents and paperwork.
- Able to carry food trays up and down a small set of
- Bi-manual dexterity.
Licenses / Insurance
Testing Upon Offer or Hire
criminal background check
Keywords: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Santa Cruz , Boardwalk Bowl Food Service, Other , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!