This position is eligible to earn $300 per paycheck when you
work an average of 30 hrs per week in a pay period!
Check out the details here: Summer Season Bonus!
Leads by example for staff by providing the highest level of
Guest Service. Under supervision, is responsible for coordinating
training, relief, opening and closing of a specific restaurant, and
acting as an assistant to the Restaurant Supervisor. Welcomes and
greets guests, answers questions and provides excellent customer
service to contribute to an overall memory making experience.
Ensures that consistent, friendly and helpful service is provided
to employees and guests. Enforce the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage
Control) rules and regulations. May be called upon to supervise
different restaurants and to do other restaurant duties.
Unique Job Requirements
This is a unique opportunity to join the Boardwalk's great Guest
Service Team. Must provide exceptional Guest Service by
acknowledging and greeting all Guests and exemplify outstanding
service to our Guests by owning the key Guest Service Principles.
Be There, show up to work as scheduled and remain focused and be
prepared, ready to help. Make Their Day, by finding a special way
to connect with each Guest. Choose Your Attitude, by arriving to
work with a positive and friendly disposition. Have Fun, by being
enthusiastic, enjoying working with Guests and your coworkers.
Responsible for the hands-on operation of an individual
restaurant. This position requires heavy guest interaction on a
daily basis. Employees must be enthusiastic about interacting with
guests and providing excellent customer service. Will be required
to work between 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., 7 days a week including
holidays. Must be at least 18 years old. Is in charge of all
employees in a specific restaurant. Must understand and enforce
company and departmental policies. Understand, comply and enforce
food safety (HACCP: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
procedures. Must obtain a CA Food Handler card within 30 days of
hire, or show proof of existing CA Food Handler card.
- Greet every Guest and answer Guest's questions and provide
consistent, friendly and helpful Guest Service.
- Open, close, and operate a fast food restaurant.
- Maintain safety and sanitation requirements.
- Observe staff are complying with safety procedures.
- Enforce the sales of beer in conformance with the state law and
- Train and retrain employees on restaurant procedures and
- Provide consistent, friendly and helpful service to employees
- Maintain daily temp log for food and equipment.
- Assist Restaurant Supervisor with weekly inventory.
- Responsible for checking supplies and maintaining restaurant
- Observes best practices to control cost of goods
- Handle customer complaints.
- Project daily and hourly sales readings and suggest labor
adjustments to control labor costs and efficiency
- Observe for proper Cash handling procedures
- Handle cash short/over forms for customers.
- Assist cashier with verifications, large denominations, ID
issues, refunds/over rings and tips.
- Ensure menu items are prepared consistently and food appearance
and quality is maintained.
- Maintain restaurant appearance and ensure dining room
- Conduct safety observations.
- Conduct BW best service observations.
- Contribute input to employee performance evaluations.
- Attend staff meetings and make recommendations for improvements
of menu, food quality, and service.
- Perform duties of a Food Service Operator.
- Assign and give breaks.
- Promote company events to the employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
All levels of Santa Cruz Seaside Company employees.
High volume of interaction with guests.
Qualifications: Training and Experience
Must provide outstanding Guest Service. At least one month of
experience providing customer service in a fast food establishment
or restaurant. Cash handling experience, and math skills are
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to train, motivate and supervise employees.
- Ability to do basic math calculations.
- Ability to learn to operate the different functions of a cash
- Ability to learn, comply and enforce all Food Service
- Ability to stay focused on the job, while taking orders from
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to communicate clearly to guests and employees to give
instructions and directions.
- Ability to respond appropriately to difficult customer service
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and work as a
- Ability to make quick decisions.
- Ability to obtain CA Food Handler card within 30 days of
- Able to walk, bend, stretch and stand up for up to eight hours
at a time.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to work in a noisy, fast-paced environment.
- Bi-manual dexterity.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds from ground to waist
- Able to understand food service orders.
- Able to see to ensure quality of products and facilities.
Licenses / Insurance
Testing Upon Offer or Hire