Software Engineer, Flight Sensors
Company: Joby Aviation
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Joby OverviewLocated in Northern California, the Joby Aviation
team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable,
all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that
takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the
traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise
would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been
making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a
prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air
taxis. We're looking for talented individuals to join our team as
we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal
Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with
launch targeted in select markets for 2024. -
The role involves developing, testing and deploying embedded
drivers and algorithms for aircraft's flight sensors system, which
is responsible for producing navigation and air data for the
integrated flight propulsion and control system. The engineer will
be part of a small, fast-moving team and contribute to conceptual
system architectural design and implementation of embedded software
to ensure safety of an electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- Develop embedded system architecture.
- Develop algorithms to fuse sensor data and monitor sensor
- Write software for the flight sensors system.
- Test algorithms and software.
- Bachelor's in aerospace, mechanical engineering, -computer
science, or related field and 3+ years industry experience in
software engineering or an advanced degree and 1+ years.
- Proficient in C++ and python.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming methodology and
multi-layer system architectures.
- Basic understanding of version control technologies.
- Comfortable implementing complex mathematical algorithms and
- Eager to learn new techniques and experiment with
state-of-the-art navigation technologies.
- Proficient in Bayesian estimation concepts and Kalman
- Proficient in statistics concepts and statistical data
- Understanding of navigation integrity concepts.
- Understanding of DO-178C or safety critical software.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Joby Aviation, Santa Cruz , Software Engineer, Flight Sensors, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!