Software Verification Engineer
Company: Joby Aviation
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been
steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable,
fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone.
Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and
quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that
time you'd otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has
advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric
aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly
designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for
talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate
production. Overview Aviation Software requires comprehensive
testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification
standards. Help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by
building out the test infrastructure that will verify the embedded
C/C++ code that controls vehicle flight. In this role, you will
work with a range of software, processor in the loop, and hardware
in the loop simulators representative of the eVTOL system. Design,
execute and maintain test cases, test reports, and supporting
documentation for software certification and validation purposes.
Become the Software Verification product expert on flight-critical
software components and own the testing environment. Additionally,
you will use automated UI testing tools to automate testing of the
software. Candidate should be an energetic, meticulous,
self-motivated person with an adamant belief in the importance of
product quality. If you love working with new technology, and have
passion for innovation and safety, this is the job for you.
- 4+ years Industry Experience in Software Verification, Quality
Assurance or Test Engineering.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering,
Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Strong background in Software Development and
- Experience with understanding product requirements for complex
- Development or Utilization of test environments for the purpose
of ensuring software product requirements are met
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function,
output, online screen, or content.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as fault
tolerance, safety criticality, robustness, performance, and
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and
report defects to software developers
- Project management, bug tracking and continuous integration
tools, e.g JIRA, Jenkins, Team City. Pursuant to various local,
state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full
COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption
requests are available for bona fide religious and medical
- DO-178C Software Certification.
- Agile software development, Unit Testing and Test Driven
- Robotics Project(s) and/or Drone experience.
- Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar
- C/C++ and Python programming proficiency.
- Matlab and similar mathematics tools.
- Interfacing with embedded software and electronic hardware.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Joby Aviation, Santa Cruz , Software Verification Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!