Associate Software Engineer (SWE2)
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: July 31, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is currently seeking
a--Associate Software Engineer to work in either Chantilly, VA;
Aurora, CO; Mountain View, CA; Fairfax, VA; or Seal Beach, CA.--
We're seeking a highly talented, motivated, and creative software
developer to engineer new solutions and support existing
capabilities of an agile software program for the national
intelligence community.Primary Responsibilities:
- Supporting software development tasks including detailed
software design, coding, and unit/integration testing of customer
desired features/user stories.
- Develop and sustain new and existing applications; as well as
troubleshoot and resolve various software issues.
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and
interactions that align with the future system architecture.-- The
existing system is developed on a cloud infrastructure with several
consumer-facing web applications.This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.Boeing--is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Basic
Qualifications:***CURRENT SSBI CLEARANCE WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY IS
***MUST BE WILLING TO SIT FOR A CI POLYGRAPH AFTER START DATE***
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility,
that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A
U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months
is considered active).
- Must possess a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related
- 1+ years'--solid experience in Java and foundational knowledge
of object-oriented design and software patterns.Desired
- Experience with one or more of the following: HTML 5, CSS 3,
Layers, etc.), Spring Framework, Hibernate, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB,
XML, SOAP/WSDL/Web Service protocols.
- Experience using dependency management (Ivy, Maven,
- Experience developing and maintaining SOAP, RMI, REST APIs and
- Experience using cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Knowledge of Git or other DVCS
- Experience/knowledge of the GEOINT domain
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development
(TDD), agile software development, continuous integration, and
dependency management is preferred.Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years'
related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical
education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
Keywords: Boeing, Santa Cruz , Associate Software Engineer (SWE2), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!