HR Generalist (Benefits Specialist)
Company: Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: May 14, 2022
At Santa Cruz METRO, we care about moving people. We strive to
attract, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Many
of our employees have worked for us for more than 20 years and come
from diverse, cultural and professional backgrounds. -METRO
promotes high performance, diversity and equal employment
At METRO, you will enjoy a competitive salary, CALPERS pension, a
robust health/dental/vision benefit program, public service loan
forgiveness program, 457 plans, career development, free bus
passes, and longevity pay.
Santa Cruz METRO is currently recruiting for an HR Analyst I
Under direction, an HR Analyst I (Benefits Specialist) is
responsible for the administration of all the benefits and
retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 457 plan. In
addition to this primary duty, they will perform a variety of
professional and analytical duties in administering human resources
programs, including recruitment and selection, classification and
compensation, leave management, training and development, employee
and labor relations, workers' compensation, regulatory compliance,
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
development/administration, and related human resources functions;
provides professional advice and assistance to Santa Cruz METRO
management on personnel-related issues; performs related work as
- - - - - - - - -Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in human resources management, organizational
development, business or public administration, or a related
- - - - - - - - -One (1) year of professional human resources
administration experience, preferably in a public agency.
- - - - - - - - -Principles, practices, and techniques of public
agency human resources administration, including recruitment and
selection, classification and compensation, benefits and retirement
administration, leave management, training and development,
employee and labor relations, workers' compensation, regulatory
compliance, Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
development/administration, and related human resources
- - - - - - - - -Analytical methods of researching, gathering,
organizing, and reporting data.
- - - - - - - - -Applicable federal, state, and local laws,
regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned
area of responsibility.
- - - - - - - - -Business correspondence, formatting, and report
- - - - - - - - -Methods of prioritizing, planning, and organizing
complex projects and analytical work.
- - - - - - - - -Administer and coordinate human resources
programs. Conduct research on a wide variety of human resources
- - - - - - - - -Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence,
policies, procedures, and other written materials.
- - - - - - - - -Earn, understand, interpret, and apply all
pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures, and
standards relevant to work performed.
Other Conditions of Employment
- - - - - - - - -Certified Professional (CP) or Senior Certified
Professional (SCP) from a recognized Human Resource Certification
- - - - - - - - -A valid California Driver's License will be
required at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
- - - - - - - - -All Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment
Salary: $29.41 - $37.53 per hour. -Salaries are on a six-step
salary range schedule with 5% increases yearly.
To apply, view a complete job description and more information on
Santa Cruz METRO, go to:
Apply before May 20, 2022
Questions? Call 831-420-2542
Keywords: Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District, Santa Cruz , HR Generalist (Benefits Specialist), Human Resources , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!