Meat Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager) - Full Time
Company: Wholefoods Market
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Meat Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager) - Full
Time page is loaded Meat Associate Team Leader (Assistant
Department Manager) - Full Time Apply locations CA, Santa Cruz -
Santa Cruz time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job
requisition id Req-20230204919 Job DescriptionAssists the Team
Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability,
expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory
compliance, and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops
Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and
- Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and
- Assists team leader with ordering and inventory
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in
absence of Team Leader.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our
products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Extensive knowledge of meat products.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Thorough p roduct knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications. Experience
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of
supervisory experience. Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 5 0 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment .
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed .
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery . Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position . Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. The wage range for this position is $19.05 -
$26.13 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market
offers "Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health
insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store
discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs.
Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the
applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person's date of hire. At Whole
Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity
for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any
other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires
and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs. About Us Who are we?
Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available,
maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have
an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that
the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you
start to get a sense of what we're all about. Oh yeah, we're a
mission-driven company too.Whole Foods Market attracts people who
are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live
in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who
want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a
difference.Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here !
Keywords: Wholefoods Market, Santa Cruz , Meat Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager) - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...