Medical Social Worker II
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Summary: Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide psychodynamic interventions, crisis intervention,
grief/bereavement counseling, problem solving, stress reduction and
developing healthy coping strategies in individual/family/group
- Responsible for developing and implementing individual Plan of
Treatment which assist patients and families to cope and/or restore
social, emotional, financial and environmental factors which affect
and/or affected by illness.
- Partners with patient to identify needs and develop and
implement individual treatment plan based on mutually agreed upon
- Discuss options for care proactively including Kaiser resources
and external community/government resources to assist patient and
family in developing short and long term care plans as
- Team with other disciplines in assessing, planning and
providing services for patients utilizing biopsychosocial
- Assist patient in advocating for self to receive appropriate
services within Kaiser and in the community.
- Takes, reviews, evaluates and prioritizes written and oral
- Maintains documentation, records and data collections.
- Responsible for completion of required documents in a complete
and timely manner.
- Liaison between patient and Kaiser maintaining positive
relationship with Kaiser and providing for continuity of care.
- Identifies appropriate levels of care and facilities for
referred patients, were applicable. Obtains placements, where
- Collaborate with internal and external resources in Kaiser and
the community to meet mutually agreed upon goals and
- Provides information and referral to community resources as
- Coordinates exchange of information between Kaiser, families,
members and skilled nursing facilities.
- Determines application of Kaiser, Medicare and Medi-Cal
benefits to specific patient situations.
- Assist in coordinating communication between regional offices,
clinics, hospitals, and field staff, triaging of phone calls from
- Works with referral sources to clarify and complete required
clinical and psychosocial information.
- Perform other related duties as necessary. Basic
- Step I: 0 - 2 years social work experience.
- Step II: 2 - 4 years social work experience within the last
five (5) years.
- Step III: 4 or more years social work experience within the
last ten (10) years. Education
- Masters in Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work
Education. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have solid psychosocial assessment skills.
- Knowledge of chronic and acute disease and how it impacts
patient and family functioning.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/telephone communication skills and
- Must be computer-literate and, preferably, experienced in
automated clinical information systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently handle
demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a
collaborative, supportive team member.
- Must be able to master detailed and complex information
regarding benefits and coordination of care.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
- LCSW preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa
Clara 3900 Freedom SupportHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays :
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd
: 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee
Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A06-SEIU-United
HealthworkersJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment :
Santa Clara Homestead Hospital - Hosp Adm-Local Workplace Safty -
0201Travel : Yes, 20 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Santa Cruz , Medical Social Worker II, Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...