Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) PRN
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team,
where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together
to form individualized care plans for our patients. Opportunities
through our development programs, training seminars and university
partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but
emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and
developing future healthcare leaders. The goal of our team is to
focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are
meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing
environment. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and
exceed the needs of each patientand family we serve. Ranked as one
of Fortune magazine's "Most Admired Healthcare Company" for 8
years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career
that touches lives. As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you
- Play an important part in helping ourpatient to recover and
feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize
speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and
other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges
daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing,
payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team
conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's
Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement,
appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal
As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you will have:
- Graduate of a master's level program in Speech Language
Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose
practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language
pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in
the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends. The range for this
position will be $38.40 to $70 per hour. We would expect those
hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however,
certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet
the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 16 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and
apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts If you are a
current employee Click Here . What is it like to work in an
Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility? Inpatient rehab is such an
important step in a patient's rehabilitation --- Benefits &
Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and
incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and
motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include
bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.Healthcare We
offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan
options.401(k) Plan Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars
through payroll deduction.Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is
important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off
program.Wellness Program We offer tools, resources and support for
weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall
healthier choices.Community Community involvement is consistent
with our company's principles and with our mission of customer
service and quality care.Rehabilitation is the key to everything we
do. And our caring, compassionate therapists are proud to lead the
way. As one of the largest providers of rehabilitation therapy in
the country, we've been managing rehab for more than 30 years.
Whether you are a physical, occupational or speech-language
therapist, we have opportunities that allow you to provide
exceptional care in an environment committed to career growth and
continual learning and support.Get the latest job openings based on
your interests, skills and background sent directly to your
inbox.Connect with Our RecruitersShare some preliminary info about
yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and
career and future opportunities.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Santa Cruz , Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) PRN, Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...