Medical Assistant- Pediatrics- Santa Cruz
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation SCDPosition
Overview: -Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and
members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back
office and patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of
high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow
within the department and assists the patient care team in
implementing the medical plan of care. Integrates education,
technical competence, and patient interaction skills to gain
confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support
group, and other healthcare providers. Performs all duties under
the direction of a clinician.Job Description:EDUCATION
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS-Basic Life Support
Healthcare ProviderSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
objectives.Pay Range: $25.95- $32.43The salary range for this role
may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location.
This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Job Shift:EveningsSchedule:Full
TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday,
Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:1Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Evenings
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Cruz , Medical Assistant- Pediatrics- Santa Cruz, Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!