Company: Gilbert Meher
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Gilbert Meher are exclusively partnered with a pioneering
diagnostics company who are developing transformative NGS-based
solutions for Infectious Disease Testing. As the company grows,
they are seeking a Laboratory Manager to increase the throughput of
their laboratory via automated systems, ultimately transferring
from RUO to clinical.
Reporting directly into the VP-level, you will become an integral
member of the team, maintaining and overseeing the NGS testing
workflows, whilst managing a team of Laboratory Assistants. The
successful individual must combine their excellent managerial
skills with the ability to be hands-on, driving the move from
semi-automated to fully-automated workflows.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the laboratory,
ensuring the safety of their staff and quality of their sample
- Troubleshoot any workflow issues in the laboratory, ensuring
processes are implemented to avoid future issues.
- Work cross-functionally with product development to transfer
assays from R&D into the lab, streamlining the workflow for
- Work in-line with the existing LIMS system, with responsibility
for auditing to ensure efficiency.
- Collaborate with senior management to drive a project to
increase throughput, implementing fully automated workflows.
- Following industry standards and safety regulations for
handling and disposing of test samples.
- Train laboratory assistants on basic laboratory skills, in
health and safety practices as well as in operating core laboratory
- Monitor and order research materials/consumables and
- Maximize resources within budget constraints, whilst ensuring
equipment procurement procedures are followed.
- Ensure communication of laboratory data and appropriate result
- > 5 years' experience working in the Molecular Diagnostics
industry, specifically in a Molecular-based laboratory.
- Scientific BSc or MSc.
- Direct experience managing a small team in a similar
- Driven by the start-up environment.
- Experience working in a CLIA/CAP certified laboratory an
advantage, minimum experience of working in an industry-regulated
- Willingness to be a hands-on leader.
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant,
we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a
new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks,
then on this occasion your application has not been
Keywords: Gilbert Meher, Santa Cruz , Laboratory Manager, Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!