Stanford Clinical Summer Internship Program Manager (FTE: 50%)
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Division of Primary Care and Population Health (PCPH),
within the Department of Medicine, seeks to serve our community
through caring, learning, and innovation for the whole person
through all stages of life. While engaged in practice and teaching,
our faculty are dedicated to establishing new knowledge as the
basis for future practice and prevention, and to the greatest
extent possible applying that knowledge to improve care for all and
reduce health disparities.
In this capacity, the Division of PCPH is heavily invested in
education and pipeline development. Stanford CSI is a 2-week
pre-medical summer program. In 2022 we hope to return to holding
one session in-person, and keep the other virtual to reach remote,
and international students. The Program Manager (Administrative
Associate 3) of Stanford CSI is charged with ensuring all sessions
run smoothly. They would need to be invested in education, love
working with learners at different developmental trajectories, as
well as faculty throughout Stanford. They would maintain our
website, monitor application site (Slideroom), answer
applicant/participant questions, reach out to Underserved and
Minority organizations regarding our DEI scholarship program,
communicate with donors, work with Campus Minors Program, maintain
strict adherence to Hospital and University guidelines, communicate
and arrange, remind speakers, run the 4-week summer program, create
disseminate and analyze surveys, maintain budget and actuals, help
with hiring of summer assistants and direct them in daily tasks,
help with hiring of summer instructors (undergrads MD/PA students)
and, work with new faculty hire on developing a new Fall
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day
activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and
executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact
policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals
of the program.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain
trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or
recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement
procedures for program or function.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and
subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit
resources and provide information and/or training. May also
represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may
include developing communications and training, planning/promoting
events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve
expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide
recommendations that determine the budget.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May
also supervise staff.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant
- Strong project management experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 92203As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Santa Cruz , Stanford Clinical Summer Internship Program Manager (FTE: 50%), Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!