Company: Kirby Preparatory School
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Kirby School, a highly respected 6th through 12th grade
independent college preparatory school in Santa Cruz, is seeking a
part-time School Nurse. This is a great opportunity for an
individual with excellent experience and strong people skills to
join a highly respected educational institution.Position
Summary:The School Nurse oversees the physical health of students
while on campus. This person will provide students with basic
health services throughout the school day. The School Nurse will
work to promote a healthy school environment by collaborating with
faculty and staff, students, and families. This position requires
organization, communication, flexibility and managing confidential
matters with discretion. This individual will be licensed as a
registered nurse (RN).Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to assess injuries and illness and respond with
appropriate intervention methods.
- Act as the point of contact for parents and the community for
- Oversee health safety practices and screening with respect to
all Covid-19 protocols required or recommended, as well as
coordination of training and supervision of implementation and
continued proper execution of protocols and practices by school
employees, visitors to campus and students.
- Incident reporting and liaising with our local health
- Monitoring of latest news, updates, and health department
guidance (State and County, and CDC and APA, and FDA, EPA and State
- Coordinating with school leadership to ensure adequate PPE and
supplies, regular schedule for cleaning and disinfecting, and other
logistical support as required.
- Serve as a resource for health and wellness for our community
- Manage the school medication policy.
- Administer medication if needed, and when authorized by
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Team, coordination
of emergency drills.
- Student supervision as needed.Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be computer literate with a solid working knowledge of
word processing, Excel, email, Google calendar, chat, instant
message, presentation software
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong
proof-reading and editing
- Self-motivated, organized, ability to prioritize and
- Ability to work independentlyTo apply, please send a cover
letter and resume to Laura Lucas, Director of Operations at
email@example.com.Kirby's commitment to diversity and inclusion
is reflected in our hiring practices, we encourage all qualified
candidates to apply. In order to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
at the Kirby School will be based on merit, qualifications, and
abilities. Kirby School does not discriminate in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, religion,
color, handicap, gender identity, physical condition, developmental
disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Kirby Preparatory School, Santa Cruz , School Nurse, Healthcare , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!