General Manager / Santa Cruz Paradox
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The General Manager is responsible for the full operation of the
hotel and all outlets, including hotel operations, food and
beverage, sales, engineering, human resources and accounting. The
General Manager is expected to meet all company standards and lead
the 5 Key Drivers identified by the management company.
Salary range: Up to $170k
- Practice a culture of guest service in all you do; promote
courtesy, good will and a positive attitude in each and every
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, maintaining positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction in each
interaction. Coordinate special programs, functions and incentives
to improve guest service.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow
- Effectively lead the Executive Committee to reach the goals of
- Develop and assure achievement of hotel revenues and profits,
utilizing forecasting, P L management, RevPAR.
- Ensure the property is compliant in all departments, growing
the business year over year.
- Ensure product quality is of a level to allow future bookings
of room nights, banquet sales and food beverage to achieve
increasing pricing goals as warranted to maximize revenue.
- Coach and develop leaders to exceed performance
Striking the perfect balance between nature and urban design, Hotel
Paradox, Autograph Collection will challenge your current
understanding of hospitality. Surrounded by rugged mountains and
majestic redwoods, our contemporary hotel captures the essence of
bold contradictions. Stop by our on-site eatery, Solaire Restaurant
+ Bar, for delicious American cuisine. Those who would prefer an
afternoon of relaxation can do so at our outdoor pool and deck, the
largest in Santa Cruz.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management or related business
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Rooms and/or Food Beverage
- Strong business communication skills verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills and ability to lead team at
leadership and hourly level
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Some travel may be required
- Regular attendance according to established guidelines
- Proven record of commitment and professionalism in meeting the
challenges and pressures of a 24-hour, 7-day a week operation
- Professional image as perceived by subordinates, peers,
superiors, guests and community
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Focus and maintain attention to tasks, and complete work
assignments on time despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and
maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all timesmaintain calm
and professional demeanor in sometimes high pressure
- Ability to converse calmly with upset associates, superiors and
guests in intense emotional situations
- Ability to participate in and lead departmental and/or hotel
- Sit, stand and walk for varying lengths of time
- Lift approximately fifteen (15) pounds
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Focus and maintain attention to multiple tasks in a short time
period, and complete work assignments within deadline demands,
despite frequent interruptions
- Grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line tone phone,
filing cabinets, photocopiers and other office equipment as
Keywords: Remington, Santa Cruz , General Manager / Santa Cruz Paradox, Executive , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...