Senior Software Program Manager
Company: Joby Aviation
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Joby OverviewLocated in Northern California, the Joby Aviation
team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable,
all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that
takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the
traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise
would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been
making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a
prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air
taxis. We're looking for talented individuals to join our team as
we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal
Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with
launch targeted in select markets for 2024. -
- Manage scrum process for multiple cross-functional software
teams , including daily standup, story grooming, retrospectives,
and sprint planning.
- Facilitate implementation of new processes and improvements.
Refine existing processes, and develop new processes as Joby grows
and runs the long path to fully certified software.
- Monitor work and remove impediments to progress.
- Facilitate communication, discussion, decision making, and
- Train and support team members in good Agile/Scrum
- Coach the team to higher levels of Scrum maturity.
- Identify and track risks and issues with ongoing projects. -
Schedule and facilitate meetings, document, create tasks, track
progress and marshal resources as needed to achieve
- Communicate risks, issues, plan, and status. - Identify
mitigation strategies and impact to staffing or schedule.
- Help team develop longer term goals and translate those goals
into Epics and Stories; facilitate Backlog grooming.
- Be flexible.
- Project Management of Enterprise level cross functional
Software Teams and Projects (e.g. Systems, Embedded, Life-safety
critical software). - Hands on / direct program management of
software engineers to manage their schedules and
- Bachelor's in engineering or relevant fields.
- Proficiency with Agile development process, scrum master
experience - Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodology.
- 7+ years of experience with software development project
scheduling and management.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of
multiple high-paced engineering projects.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational
awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment,
and increasing transparency.
- Hands on experience / fundamental understanding of iterative
and incremental development.
- Proactively identify and develop needed processes; gain
concurrence and facilitate adoption.
- FAA certification experience
- Experience with safety critical software development projects
is desired but not required.
- Proficiency with JIRA, Jira Advanced Roadmaps, and/or
- Proficiency with common workplace software: Word, spreadsheets,
Confluence, Slack, etc.
Please still apply if you don't meet all items in the desired
section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less
likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective
workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past
experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we
encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate
for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted
Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is
$107,600-$216,800/year. The compensation package will be determined
by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.Joby also offers a
comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare
benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock
purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage,
life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Joby Aviation, Santa Cruz , Senior Software Program Manager, Executive , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!