Store Service Manager
Company: New Leaf
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Job Title: Store Service Manager
Job Region: California Coastal
Reports-To: Store Manager -
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365
days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and
weekend shifts per the needs of the business. Valid Food Handler's
card required and Alcohol Server Permit preferred. About us: For
more than 30 years, New Leaf Community Markets has been making
important choices that nourish and sustain our Central Coast
communities. We opened our doors as a small cooperative in 1985 on
the Westside of Santa Cruz. Now, we're a community-hub grocery
store, that remains true to our progressive roots and good for the
community ethos. - About the role: Partners with store leadership
to supervise general store operations and staff, including customer
service, department conditions, food safety and work safety.
Functions as Manager on Duty (MOD) in absence of store leadership
team. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a
positive and collaborative team environment. This is a management
position. You are responsible for providing leadership in line with
company values and promoting a positive and progressive work
environment in alignment with our company mission, vision values
and policies. - General Requirements: -
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product
information and assists in locating product throughout the store.
Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible
work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change
based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively
with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a
respectful workplace where everyone is welcome. -
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner
demonstrating company Speak Up culture. -
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with
company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the
company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs
store/department management of any problems. -
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and
complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and
responsibilities. Position Responsibilities: -
- Person in charge of the store when assigned (MOD); supervises
store staff and store operations and responsible for overall
activities and safety of all staff and customers in the store.
- Assists department managers and store leadership in managing
and providing oversight to overall store operations. Assesses,
prioritizes and delegates tasks and production. Prepares store for
opening and closing.
- Provides coverage and support across the store as assigned and
across all departments.
- In locations with Online Shopping program, may receive, shop,
process, prepare and run online customer orders out for pick-up via
our specific online shopping software.
- Ensures consistency of store conditions. Partners with
management to ensure all areas of store are stocked, rotated, faced
and adhere to merchandising standards and category schematics.
- Conducts regular store walks to ensure consistent store
conditions, including appearance, cleanliness, product
availability, and staffing and service levels. -
- Monitors, identifies and takes action on facility maintenance
issues throughout the interior and exterior of the store. Works in
partnership department manager and Support Office Facilities team.
- Supports store leadership team in ensuring staff members follow
policies and procedures.
- Handles safety and security issues as they occur in the store,
utilizing judgment and company guidelines. -
- May support training store staff on store security procedures.
Partners with functional area leaders from Support Office as needed
to ensure adherence to current local, state, federal laws and
company policies. -
- Responds to staff and customer injuries, accidents and
emergencies per company policy, including incident documentation
and insurance notification in partnership with HR and Work Safety
- Addresses customer incidents relating to food safety and
product quality, per company policy. Monitors and manages product
recall process as needed.
- Assists in receiving of product to store. Receives and unloads
merchandise; checks quality, count and condition. Maintains
professional vendor relationships.
- May provide operational support to location committees
including but not limited to Green Team, Work Safety and others.
May act as committee chairperson if needed. -
- Plans for weekly ads, events and holidays using tools and
reports. Works with store management to understand and respond to
current store trends.
- Maintains the organization, rotation and cleanliness of store
front and back stock areas. Stocks and rotates products with
attention to product quality and expiration dates.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may
be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand
truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller,
grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic
housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment. -
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and
up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking
throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally,
dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or
- Continuously required to: use arms, hands and wrists;
- Frequently required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; lift 21-50
pounds; bend/stoop; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below
- Occasionally required to: carry 21-50 pounds; push and/or pull
1-80 pounds; crouch/squat; kneel
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned. This job
description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties,
responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general
definition of the position's scope and function within our company.
New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markers reserves the right
to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to
meet changing industry or business needs as necessary. What you
Bring as a Candidate: -
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery
experience required. -
- Knowledge of retail Operations programs and experience
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred. -
- Mid-level proficiency with MS Office. Working knowledge with
POS, inventory or other retail specific software required. -
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery
store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and
slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in
controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on
location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be
exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of
2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make
reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees
with disabilities. -
Keywords: New Leaf, Santa Cruz , Store Service Manager, Executive , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!