Employee Benefits Customer Service Manager
Company: CalNonprofits Insurance Services
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: March 16, 2020
Enthusiastic. Hardworking. Caring. Engaging. Knowledgeable.
Successful. These are just some of the characteristics which
describe our team members at CalNonprofits Insurance Services.
We are searching for our next Employee Benefits Customer Service
Manager. This is a key position that reports to the Director of
This person is responsible for management of the Employee Benefits
Customer Service Team and Assistants. They will promotes an
environment of strong and progressive customer service standards to
meet customer satisfaction and retention goals. Primary
- Supervise the work of customer service staff to ensure
adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures,
correcting errors or problems.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or
complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions
regarding policies, procedures, and claims issues; writing
effective appeals letters when necessary.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of subjects necessary to provide
expert customer service and guidance to team (e.g. COBRA, Section
125, HSA, HRA, Affordable Care Act, etc.).
- Explains the plan advantages and disadvantages and can compare
- Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and
service standards in conjunction with management.
- Develop and coordinate renewal and compliance procedures for
- Oversight of administrative systems and databases used by
teams, including but not limited to forms tracking, online benefits
administration, functions within carrier portals, etc.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals,
correspondence, or other information required by management.
- Design, implement, or evaluate staff training and development
programs, customer service initiatives, or performance measurement
- Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies
or arrange for training to be provided.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to
regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify
causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees.
- Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty
assignments for office or administrative staff.
- Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate
productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
- Develop or update procedures, policies, or standards.
- Maintain strong, professional working relationship with
insurance carriers and MGAs.
- Conduct and accompany/assist staff with on-site
presentations/renewal meetings as needed.
- Complex Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional Customer Service and Customer Focus
- Personnel, Human Resources, Education and Training
- Strong technology aptitude and computer skills
- Strategic and Critical Thinking abilities
- Able to juggle many projects and competing deadlines
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of employee benefits insurance
- 2+ years supervising the operations and support staff of a
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, other appropriate
field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- California Life & Health Insurance License Required
- Valid California Driver's License with satisfactory insurance
and driving record required
Additional consideration given for experience in working or
volunteers in the nonprofit sector or insuring nonprofits.
BENEFITS: We know our employees are our number one asset and we
show it! We offer a 7-hour workday and great benefits including:
medical, dental, vision, life, chiropractic, acupuncture, 401k
plan, paid holidays, PTO and MORE.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: Criminal / Credit and Previous Employment
reference checks will be completed.
Are you ready to join our team? To apply - please follow this link
to take our skills tests and assessments (approximately 60 minutes)
and upload your resume and cover letter:
Keywords: CalNonprofits Insurance Services, Santa Cruz , Employee Benefits Customer Service Manager, Executive , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!