Senior SMT Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: June 10, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.The Boeing Defense, Space and Security
organization is seeking a Senior SMT Manufacturing Engineer at EI
Segundo, CA.Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative,
creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams
while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously.
Here at Space & Launch Space Electronics you will collaborate with
leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the
world's best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
This role requires to travel up to 10%. Position
- Responsible for overseeing and running day-to-day SMT factory
across multiple shifts.
- Leads, trains, and develops employees performing supporting
- Accountable for cost, schedule and quality of Printed Circuit
- Supports other Production Engineering tasks and projects as
- Evolves production methods and standards with current
- Leads Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in analyzing product
development, complex producibility studies and production/tooling
philosophies for Space and Missile Systems Electronics.
- Refines, validates, coordinates and implements conceptual
designs and manages the program architecture for build.
- Develops manufacturing plans and oversees plan
- Conducts complex producibility and variation analyses to ensure
that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Resolves complex technical problems.
- Serves as a project manager to ensure that contract
requirements, specifications, design criteria and schedule
performance are integrated and maintained.
- Leads advanced design solutions and supports research of new
product or business opportunities.
- Deploys company Lean Enterprise analysis methods.
- Documents and communicates producibility best practices.
Provides guidance to others through structured mentoring.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance post start, for which the US Government requires US
- Must have experience building high reliability electronic
products with Surface Mount Technology.
- Previous experience supporting a mass reflow soldering
- Must possess experience designing solder paste
stencils.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working to IPC-7530A.
- Experience working to J-STD with Space Addendum.
- Experience removing and replacing CCGAs, BGAs, and/or bottom
terminated components.Typical Education/Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation: This
position does not offer relocation . Candidates must live in the
immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Drug Free
Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Santa Cruz , Senior SMT Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!