Administrative Associate 3
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Santa Cruz
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Department of Neurobiology at Stanford University School of
Medicine is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic, and motivated
Administrative Associate to support central administration and up
to 4 faculty members, including 1 HHMI (Howard Hughes Medical
Institute) investigator. The individual will provide a myriad of
administrative project management and operational duties, with
limited supervision. This administrator will also assist faculty
with research grant proposals and reports. This is an excellent
opportunity for a strong administrative associate who is seeking
more than a general administrative role, and who would like to
develop expertise supporting department and lab operations.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
- Adhoc projects and participate in LEAN initiatives. Active
participation in weekly Huddle meetings.
- Serve as custodian and verifier for purchasing and travel
cards. Advise department card users on allowable and appropriate
use of PCards and TCards.
- Perform other general office duties, including but not limited
to, ordering and maintaining office and kitchen supplies, handling
incoming and outgoing mail, making copies.
- - Other duties may also be assigned
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in
the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's
leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in
1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big
challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is
rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation,
collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and
aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development
programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits
that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling
lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional
setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
- Computer-literate with a PC computer. Experience with
Microsoft/Windows operating systems, familiarity with Microsoft
Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and experienced in the use of
either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browser. Working
knowledge of email client software such as Microsoft Outlook. And
familiarity with Stanford Campus Systems (IProcurement, PCard, SU
Expense Requests) a plus.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize activities after
receiving general guidance
- Accuracy in grammar and spelling very important.
- Experience maintaining websites desirable
- Knowledge of scheduling systems especially in an Academic
setting highly desirable
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 92496As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Santa Cruz , Administrative Associate 3, Administration, Clerical , Santa Cruz, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!